Wifi Extender Not Connecting to Internet | Troubleshooting 
The following guide provides instruction on how to fix WiFi Extender not connecting to Internet AFTER the Netgear wifi extender has been setup and placed at another position.
What you’ll find in the post?
The article has been divided into sections for your better understanding and troubleshooting of the issue. The points below define the section you will come across in guide (in the provided order).
- Reasons that explain- Why can't my extender connect to the Internet?
- Troubleshooting connection problems with your Netgear extender: Solution
- Steps on how to connect Netgear extender to Internet using manual procedure
- Troubleshoot: When you Can't connect to internet with Netgear Extender via normal process
We recommend going through each section so, you can better understand and implement the advanced solutions (later, if required).
Unable to connect to internet through Netgear extender: Find Your Reason!
When your Netgear extender not connecting to Internet, then either the problem is with your router/ extender or the device you are using like computer, laptop, or mobile.
So, diagnose all the connected hardware and find the troublemaker that needs to be troubleshot.
Is Extender or Router causing the Issue?
- Most likely, it’s your main Wireless router that causing the issue because the device is not correctly configured for Netgear Range Extender to use.
- Additionally, partial Netgear extender installation will also give you only New Extender without Internet.
- Faulty Netgear extender’s hardware or software is another reason that triggers Netgear extender not connecting to internet on windows 7/8/10, Mac, Linux, or various another operating system.
- Other than this, check for an orange light on the Netgear range extender. If there’s any- consider it as a reason for WiFi extender losing the Internet connectivity.
- Loose connections, interference of other electronic devices which transmit radio waves and keeping the device in dead zone are some of the other reasons that stop WiFi extender from accessing the internet.
If you have found your cause of error from the above list, then check for the solution in the next section. You’ll be able to solve the problem through the steps defined further; however in case you cannot, then contact Extender experts for the answer.
OR, you may check- your device that you’re trying to access Internet on.
For relevant solution, Contact Extender Login Experts
Is my Device not connecting with Internet?
If still, your Netgear Extender won't connect to Internet then, check out for the following:
- Open your device Update information, and check if it’s outdated? In case, it’s so then, you must have known now- why wireless extender seen but no internet.
- Poor or no connection status of Network adapter is another reason for wireless extender seen but no internet.
- Device security programs are good to protect the device from malware. However, sometimes, they are the only reason for blocking Netgear extender pathway.
- Your distance from Netgear extender, activated pop-up blockers, and cache cookies are some of the other reason for WiFi extender not connecting to the device.
Hope you- know the factor that causes your new extender wifi connectivity issue.
In case- all the above elements are fine at your end then, check for the steps below- including the troubleshooting of some of the more WiFi extender peripherals.
Troubleshooting Netgear wifi extender not connecting to Internet
With no more fuss, let’s fix the WiFi extender wireless network problem.
Important: Before you start resolving Netgear extender not connecting to internet issue, make sure you are having a healthy working status of router, modem, and PC in terms of HARDWARE.
- Keep your extender and router away from noise interfering, radio waves transmitting, and signals reflecting devices or material.
For instance, fish tank, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, microwave oven, walls, in room corners, etc.
For strong signals, we recommend mounting Netgear Extender on ceiling, walls, and below router (not above).
- Followed by it, check the lights on both extender and router.
Don’t know the meaning of lights on router and extender? - Check the information below and confirm if the devices are working or not. In case of trouble read " Troubleshooting Netgear Extender not Working".
For Netgear extender, if the Power LEDs are lightning red then it implies your wifi extender not connecting to router. And, in case, there’s orange flashing light, then wifi extender connected to router, but no WAN/internet.
For more information on how to troubleshoot your above two defined error, see:
Guide: How to connect wifi extender to router
- Next, if you detect no issue with lights on router and extender, check for any loose plugins or connections.
- Reboot your computer/desktop/mobile/tablet, router, extender, and see if that helps you fix your wifi extender no internet issue.
- For error still not resolving, login mywifiext.net web address & see if the wifi extender firmware is updated or not! For new firmware update available, click on Update
- Last but not least, if you have tries all the above solutions but that doesn’t seem to help resolve your wifi extender Internet connectivity issue then, reset Netgear Extender and configure your device again.
Sometimes, incorrect or partial Netgear extender configuration may also trigger wifi extender not connecting to Internet issue. So, we recommend you configure Netgear extender again.
Cant troubleshoot a NETGEAR extender
Contact Wifi Extender Support @866-317-4606
Solutions for rigid ‘Wifi Extender not connecting to Internet’ Error
We understand, how frustrating it can be- when your Netgear extender refuses to connect with Internet.
But, what’s more important here is- the situation that’s leading you to new extender no internet scenario.
Thus, keeping this in mind, we have provided more solutions based on situations.
Situation 1: Netgear Extender unable to detect network Name (SSID)
- Restart You Netgear Extender and try connecting it with Internet.
- If the device still not connecting on network, check whether the extender is broadcasting its SSID or not!
- Next, connect your wifi device to computer using cable.
- Then, login mywifiext.net using any browser window.
- If you have changed the login credentials and can’t remember the password or username then, see how to reset Netgear Extender password.
- Otherwise, the default Username is admin and Password is password.
- Now, navigate to Wi-Fi Settings and make sure that “2.4GHz Wi-Fi” or “Enable 5GHz Wi-Fi” and “Broadcast this Network name (SSID)” are enabled.
If any of them are unchecked, select the box in front to activate the service.
Note: If you own an older version of NETGEAR genie, then click on Advanced–> WiFi Settings–> select the checkbox of “Enable Wireless Access Point” and “Enable SSID Broadcast”.
- Verify the SSID name of your wifi extender and ensure that you’re connecting to correct SSID.
- In the next step, check and make sure that your Netgear extender is connected to the power source properly.
- In case, nothing seems to help you, reset the extender by inserting paper clip like tool in the hole. Then, press and hold the button for around 20 seconds.
- If the power LED is still blinking, download the TFTP software and latest firmware of the wifi extender to update the extender version.
- Once all the required files are there with you, perform a hard reset and power cycle your extender.
Note: We recommend performing reset operation before firmware update to ensure that the extender is on its default settings.
Change IP settings to fix issue:-
- Also, check if the WiFi Netgear Extender has a valid IP address. If not, assign a static IP address to the device in range of extender’s address.
IP address: 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.250
Note: You can leave the DNS boxes empty
- Once your device is ready, open the Command prompt and ping extender IP address.
Note: The default address of NETGEAR extender is 192.168.1.250
- If you are not able to ping the extender successfully, run the TFTP2.exe file that you downloaded earlier.
- Next, on the File section, browse and select the latest firmware that you downloaded earlier.
- Click on the Upgrade button and wait for the message saying Netgear extender upgrade is successful.
- Later, change the IP address of your device to DHCP again.
Note: Once the recovery process is complete, your power LED should turn solid green or white. For more information, check information provided in the table above
Perform a final reset on the extender and your device is all set.
For installation or reconfiguration, see NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender setup.
Situation 2: Wifi Extender no Internet Triggered After Change in Settings
If your extender starts troubling after firmware update or any change in system or extender settings then, following steps will be boon for you:
Important: The solution will be effective only- if you have saved the system’s setting before making any changes.
- Login to netgear extender navigates to Other Settings page and click Browse under Restore.
- Browse and locate the backup file from the folder in your device- where it’s was saved.
- Select the backup file and tap on restore button to bring the previous settings in effect.
- You may be asked through prompted window to confirm the extender’s settings restoration.
- Click on ‘Yes’ and your wifi extender will upload the backup file.
Note: Make sure that your extender and device remains untouched unless the wifi extender is set to the previous settings.
- You may later check your device.
The extender will upload the backup file and reboot the extender.