Troubleshoot: Netgear Router Error 651 in Windows 7, 8, and 10
Is Netgear Router Error 651 troubling you for a long time?
Then, read this post to get everything you need to know about the Error 651 with the most relevant solution regarding the same.
Summary of Guide: Netgear Router Error 651
As, you delve deeper into this troubleshooting guide- you’ll find the following sections, in given sequence.
- What causes Netgear Error 651
- When do you get "Connection failed with error 651" message: The Situations
- Basic Steps to follow Before troubleshooting Netgear Router Error 651
- Solutions to eliminate Netgear Error 651 Instantly
- Frequently Asked Questions & Solutions for Modem error 651, Windows 7, 8, 10 error code-651
Why do I see error 651 when trying to connect to Internet?
Out of hundreds of reasons that cause this issue, here we are listing few major ones:
- Netgear router network Error
Incorrect IP configuration, corrupt network card driver, and no Internet connectivity are some of the reasons for Netgear router error 651. However, it’s not necessary that you can locate the exact cause of your problem but using the following methods you can definitely troubleshoot this issue (step-by-step).
- Incorrect Netgear Router Configuration
The router is the main network device that allows data in form of packets to transfer from and in computer. In case, you end up configuring your routerlogin.net with incorrect values- your router will no more function.
- File Location Issue
The drive port file named - ‘raspppoe.Sys’, if saved in the wrong place, your hardware like router won’t connect to the system and such error 651 will appear.
- Conflict with Router’s IP address
If two or more devices on the same network end up having same IP address- an IP conflict occurs. An IP address is a string of numbers with dots, such as 192.168.1.11.
You need this unique address to connect to the network.
- Registry Problem
When you make any mistake in computer configuration relating hardware, program and applications- your system registry files will get corrupt. As a result, modem or other connecting services report an error 651.
When do you get "Connection has failed with error 651" message?
Faulty network connection is the main reason for Netgear router error 651. However, this complicated error can also be seen, when:
- You end up having incompatible registry files in your system drive that directly affects router’s function.
- The connecting services and modem have trouble communicating, they report an error 651.
- You are using incorrect IP address for the website.
- Mediator files (that are used to connect hardware and device software) are assigned wrong names or installed at incorrect
How to solve error 651 problems in Netgear Router?
Ask Router Login Professional @866-317-4606
Steps to follow before fixing the Error code 651 in Router
Start with the following tips to get rid of the Error 651 with Netgear Router.
These steps might seem quite silly but believe- after attending these tricks- you’ll be able to smoothly get through the further stated troubleshooting steps.
So, let’s get started NOW!!
- First and foremost, login routerlogin.net and update router’s firmware (if available).
In case, you have tough time entering Netgear router interface, then fix routerlogin.net not working issue.
- Secondly, turn off the security feature of your wireless device. To do so,
Open Control Panel-> go to Network Connections-> right-click on Network adapter-> choose Properties-> tap on network Authentication to choose “Turn of the wireless security.”
- Next, reinstall network adapter driver through device Manager Window under Control Panel. And, later re-create the Internet connection.
- In case, these tips don’t seem of any help then, disable all startup services followed by disabling the firewall and anti-virus software.
- Afterward, power cycle modem, router, and other devices in operation. And, boot your PC in safe mode with networking.
Want to know- how to solve error 651 problems in Netgear router? Then, stay tuned…
How to Fix Netgear Router Error 651? – Let’s Find Out
Follow the steps and learn how to fix Netgear router Error Code 651:
- You may run Network troubleshooter to allow your system to detect and solve Netgear Error 651 issue quickly.
Note: You must be connected to internet to complete this action.
- In case, your system can’t help you fix the possible errors behind Netgear error 651 then, disable IPv6 for Internet Connection. For this:
- Open Network and Sharing Center from the system tray.
- Choose Network adapter settings from the left pane of the opened window.
- Right-click on your current network connection and choose Properties.
- Then, from the opened list in dialog box, uncheck the option IPv6 and click OK.
If you are still seeing the error 651, then try the next solution in queue.
- Rename miniature drive port file using following instructions:
- Open My Computer and go to C:/ drive.
- Double-click on Windows folder and search System 32 folder from the list.
- Under this folder, now click on Drivers folder and search a file by the name “raspppoe.Sys” file.
- Rename it. For instance, you can call it as “raspppoe.Sys _backup”.
- In case, you can’t locate any such file, then download a new “raspppoe.Sys” file from the internet.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy it inside “Drivers” folder.
- Finally, restart your computer and see if the issue resolves!
Can’t Connect Error 651 Troubling?
Reach Router Experts for the Solution
- Another best solution to resolve Netgear error 651 is to recreate the dial-up connection. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open “Network & Sharing Center” via system tray and tap on “Adapter Setting”.
- Then, right click on current broadband connection and select “Create Copy”. This will automatically create a copy of your current connection.
- After this step complete successfully, delete your old connection and redial the new one.
- For outdated or missing network driver also, you can get the error 651 in your system. So, update network card driver in Windows to fix connection failed with error 651 with Netgear Routers.
- Overflowed network stack is another reason for error 651 in device. Therefore, clean it using following steps:
- Click on Windows Start button and type command prompt in the search field.
- Look for the same option and right-click on it to select “Run as an administrator.”
- Now, on the black/ white screen type the following command:
“netsh in tip reset reset.log”
Do not use inverted commas while using the command.
- Hit ENTER and restart your device after the action completes.
- Lastly, if nothing else works, open command prompt same as instructed in Step 6. Then, write the following give command on the screen and hit ENTER.
“Netsh interface TCP set global autotuning=disabled”
On successful completion, you will get a message “OK”.
Hope the steps above help you fix Netgear router error 651. However, if you still looking for more tough troubleshooting steps then, go with the solutions defined below.
Alternative Solutions to can’t access internet - error 651
For Netgear switch error 651, we suggest you follow the steps provided below unless your issue gets resolved.
- Open command prompt from Windows Start button as an Administrator.
- Then, use the following commands to fix your Netgear router error 651:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Note: The last command will open Device Manager by displaying all the earlier connected devices.
- Now, choose VIEW for the hidden devices and check grayed out network devices from the adapters list.
- If you see any of them connected to physical network adapter, right-click and select Uninstall option.
- In case, you find any VPN component activated, then uninstall or disable it.
- Restart your device after this action and test for resolution.
Hope this method- helps! Otherwise- continue trying Method 2.
Method 2: Remove your Broadband Modem as default connection
This action is required because your default connection might be interfering with other connections.
This solution is most likely helpful- if you have recently changed your router, modem, or Internet Service Provider. The steps for this action are:
- Open Run windows from Start button or press Win+R on keyboard.
- Then, type ncpa.cpl to open the network connections window.
- Later, right-click on broadband connection and choose option “cancel as default” Note: It will clear it as a default connection. You can now, try connecting to Internet.
After all these solutions, if you still seeing error 651 and can’t connect to Internet, then see:
Troubleshooting Guide to fix Netgear Router not connecting to Internet
Want to know more on how to fix error 651 in Windows and Broadband connection? Then, stay tuned…
Frequently Asked Questions relating Netgear Router error 651
Here you can find highly reported questions along with the steps to fix Netgear router Error Code 651.
How can I fix error 651 windows 7?
First of all, roll-back any recent change or device update performed on device using System restoration method. If the error 651 still prevails then, manually setup Netgear router using routerlogin.net address.
AT last, scan your device and find- if there is any malware present. In case, you have already tried removing the malicious programs but failed then, troubleshoot your System registry. However, removing files from registry require good technical knowledge. So, we suggest consulting Router login experts for this solution.
Is Error 651 - Fix Connection Failed with Error 651 in Windows?
Reach Router Login Support team for help
What are the steps to resolve Error 651 windows 8?
For Windows 8 Netgear router error 651- we suggest you put wifi device in Airplane mode for a minute and then, try connecting again. Another best and easy solution is to move other wireless devices away so they don’t interfere with your current wifi connection.
If none of this helps, Open System 32 folders under C drive and follow the given path: C:\windows\sydney32\drivers\raspppoe.sys. Then, paste this file on faulty computer's drivers’ folder and reboot your computer to connect to Internet.
Note: Type wifi login credentials, if you have set any. This solution will surely do a trick for you.
The solutions will also work if you see an error 651 in Windows 10.
How can I resolve Modem error 651?
Use the following solution while you try fixing the Error Code 651 on the Modem.
Solution 1: Contact your Internet service provider for modem settings or call Router login experts to configure them.
Solution 2: In case, you are good at technical things, you may even attend the following solution:
Note: We suggest you disable or remove all broadband connection before heading with the below stated DIY steps.
- Now, sign in Netgear Router login using your default gateway address.
- After successful login, go to Configuration tab and choose ‘Internet Connection.’
- A window will open. Just check for any option by the name “bridge_0_35.”
If found, please delete it by clicking on an icon like Trash.
- Now, below this box- you can see ADD button. Click on it and fill in the following details in the opened form.
PVC Name: ppoe_0_35
Service Category: UBR with PCR
Peak Cell Rate: 0
- Then, on configuration page, type the below-stated details:
Protocol: PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
Encapsulation Type: LLC/SNAP
- On Configuration WAN IP Settings page, choose “Obtain an IP address automatically” and select Enable NAT and Add Default Route.
- Finally, after you land on Configure Broadband User Name and Password page, type the following information:
Service Name: you can give any name
Broadband User Name: type the one provided by ISP
Password: Enter the password given by ISP
Confirm Password: Enter the same password as entered above
- Choose “Always On” checkbox to automatically connect to the internet on system startup.
- Finally, click on “Next” button and open your browser on PC and start browsing.
Hope, you got your answer on how to fix error 651 the modem has reported!
Can’t get rid of Netgear Router Error Message 651?
Contact Router Login Experts for solution @866-317-4606