How to Reset Zyxel Router? password changing procedure
Zyxel Reset router is the ultimate solution with the user- when all troubleshooting steps fail to fix:
- Router login not working
- Zyxel router not connecting to Internet
- Router red Internet light
- Forgotten or Lost Zyxel router login password
If you are unaware of Zyxel factory reset process or need more help with Router won’t reset procedure then, read the post ahead.
How to Reset Zyxel Router: Systematic Procedure
The steps below apply on all Zyxel routers. In fact, for Zyxel modem as well- the steps are almost the same.
1: Insert your router’s cable in power plug and wait for its LED to light up.
Note: It doesn’t matter here-whether the router’s LED light red, amber, or green.
2: Next, locate RESET button on router. It can also be labeled as “Reset Factory Settings.”
Most of the time, this Reset button is located at the router’s side or back panel. You can look out for a small hole labeled as RESET.
3: Take a small paper clip like tool and insert it inside this hole to press against the small metal like button.
4: Press and hold this RESET button unless your Router LEDs turn off and again switch ON to start blinking.
5: Your Router will restore its factory default settings and is ready for router setup.
Need more help with Zyxel router Instructions?
Call router login Support team @ 1-866-317-4606
Step to Fix Zyxel Router Won’t Reset Error
Unfortunately, if your Zyxel router refuses to hard reset, follow the steps described below & help yourself fix the issue:
Note: Implement these solutions unless Zyxel router reset issue resolve.
Method 1: Enable TFTP client on your Device
- Open Control Panel on your Windows device.
- Then, navigate to Programs-> Programs and Features window.
- From the left panel, choose and tap on “Turn Windows Feature On or off” option.
- On Windows Feature, scroll down to enable TFTP Client option.
- Finally, click on OK to apply the saved changes.
Method 2: Use Static DNS Server Addresses
- Go to Control Panel window-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Center.
- Then, select ‘Network adapter settings’ from the left panel.
- Right-click your current network and choose Properties.
- From the opened dialog box, select IPv4 and tap on Properties button.
- Set your subnet mask, IP address, and default gateway on the window.
Consult your ISP for this information, in case- you aren’t aware!
- Tap on Save button to apply the changes.
Still struggling with how to reset Zyxel? Stay tuned for more solutions!
Method 3: Perform 30-30-30 to rest Zyxel router
- Power ON your router and locate the reset button on it.
- Holding a small paper clip like tool, press the reset button for 30 seconds.
- During these 30 seconds, unplug your router and then, hold reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Do not leave the reset button and simultaneously, insert the router’s cable in power outlet.
- Now, hold this reset button for another 30 seconds.
Your reset process will surely complete.
Still Can’t Reset Router?
Reach Router professionals for Digital help @ 1-866-317-4606
Solutions to some more router reset Queries
Some of the highly reported questions by Zyxel router users:
Is the process to Factory reset all Zyxel routers is same?
Yes, whether you are looking for Zyxel vmg1312 factory reset, Zyxel router vmg1312-b10d reset, or
router nbg-418n reset, the process is similar for all. Only the labels and location of the reset button may vary.
How long does a Zyxel router take to reset?
Most likely, any Zyxel router can take maximum 5-10 minutes to reset properly.
What happens when Zyxel router is reset?
After you reset Zyxel , all its settings revert to factory defaults. Additionally, all the customized settings are lost (if not saved).